Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bathroom Remodel. Again.

My husband and I are stupid.

I mean really, really stupid.

Why?!

Because we decided to remodel the upstairs bathroom the week before I had surgery.  We decided to do the ENTIRE thing in less than seven days.

Stupid.

But, we finished the bathroom really late the night before I went under the knife. 

Before I take you on a tour of our awesome new bathroom, I’ve got a story for you. 

Picture this.

It’s crazy late at night.  The Hubsters and I have been working like crazy to get the house clean, laundry caught up, and bathroom finished before I had surgery in the morning.  I walk down to the basement to put the last load of laundry in the dryer only to find the washer clear full of water.

I tried to turn it on.  Nothing.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in.  Again, nothing.  I kicked it, hit it, and even mentally gave it a good tongue lashing.  Nothing. 

It was dead.  Completely, utterly dead.

We bought the washer and dryer when our oldest was a new baby.  He’s eleven.  I do 11+ loads of laundry a week with all these little boys.  I guess it was just time to let go.

So, guess what The Hubsters and I did right before we spent thousands of dollars on surgery?

You guessed it!  We spent thousands of dollars on a new washer and dryer!

CrosleyAppliances_Laundry

(…just pretend that’s what my laundry room looks like, and we’ll also pretend that the cute little puppy is mine too…)

Oh goodness.  I am so in love with them!  They hold so much laundry, and they’re so fast!  I’m doing half as many loads of laundry in just a fraction of the time!  Woot! 

Okay, so NOW we’ll move onto the bathroom overhaul:

This is what our bathroom looked like before:

P1060639

It’s your typical 1980’s bathroom.

P1060640

So, so pretty.  (blech…)

We took everything but the tub out and replaced it.

P1060694

This was taken after I painted the top half of the walls.  I had a lot of paint left over, so I painted the hall, too. 

P1060700

Ahhhh….that looks so.much.better.  This is how Monkey enjoyed our remodeling:

P1060698

Poor baby.  Back to the bathroom.  When we ripped out the ugly medicine cabinet/mirror, we were left with a really big hole in the wall.  So, I left a message for my dear, sweet, hubby, and anyone else who happens to live in this house if we ever move.

P1060701

It’s true.  I love that guy!  :)  I also love how he can tile a floor.

P1060703

Very nice!

On the bottom half of the walls, we did that fake bead board with strips of Masonite and molding. 

P1060898

The boards are glued onto the wall with liquid nails, and the screws held everything into place while it all dried.  We removed the tape and screws when it was dry, then filled the holes with putty and filled in the gaps with painter’s caulk.  This is what it looked like when we finished:

P1060903

Oh, I love it!  We then replaced the toilet, vanity, and mirror.

P1060807

There’s that good lookin’ fella!

P1060901

…and that’s it. 

We now have two “new” bathrooms, and their combined total was less than $1500.00.  Yay!

(you can check out the other bathroom here if you want)

Our next big project will be replacing the fence in our yard.  So excited for that one!  ;)

(sense my sarcasm…)

signature nat

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...