Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Curing Bedwetting

Yep.  I’m still talking “potty talk.”  Just stick with me on this, this is some pretty good advice if you’ve got a bed wetter!  :)

I had a few bedwetters.  Most of my kids outgrew it by the time they were five, but for those that didn’t we used this:

This bed wetting alarm is kind of expensive up front, but it is the Best.Investment.Ever.  It helps your child realize they need to wake up and go to the bathroom.  Besides, it’s less expensive than spending years in Underjams.

This book has wonderful information and works great alongside the bed wetting alarm:

After a few weeks of using the alarm and the book (on more than one kid…) we’ve had dry nights every night.

A lot of people don’t talk about bed wetting.  When I was trying to help my kids overcome it, no one would talk about it.  They didn’t want to embarrass their kids.  I get that, and I respect that; BUT, I needed help.  Thankfully, I had a mother share this advice with me.

It happened quite by accident, too.  When Monkey was a teeny, tiny baby, I took him to the pediatrician for a bladder infection.  I asked the pediatrician if this would cause bed wetting, and our conversation took off from there.  He suggested we try different kinds of medications, testing, etc… to find out if it was a hormone/kidney/bladder problem.  When none of that worked, he wanted to send us to a Pediatric Urologist.  His nurse then suggested we try the alarm.  She said it had worked on more than one of her kids. 

I am so thankful she shared that little piece of advice with me.  I honestly think that without it, we’d still have wet nights.  I’d still be washing sheets every day.  If you try the alarm, be prepared for a few sleepless nights.  Don’t worry, it won’t last forever, and when it’s over and you child stays dry every night, you won’t regret it.

I don’t want to embarrass any of my kids by sharing this advice (that’s why I didn’t say which of my kids had the problem), but if it will help someone out there, then it will be worth it.

signature nat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...