Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover

When we moved into our house over seven years ago, the Master Bedroom wasn’t a priority.  Over the years it turned into kind of an “eh…just put it in our bedroom.”

Dumb.

We decided it was time for a change.

bedroom makeover text

Our room started off like this:

P1030607

Nice, huh?

Please take a moment and admire the LOVELY murals painted on the walls.  The ones that were on the walls when we got here.  I don’t love them.  Heck, I don’t even like them!  No offense, people who used to live here.  It just isn’t me.

P1030609

For this makeover, we didn’t have enough moola to get new carpet, a new TV, and furniture, so we went with the furniture and TV.  The carpet will come at another time. 

First off, we scraped off the fabulous popcorn ceiling. 

0924111225c

What.A.Mess.

Good thing my boyfriend, Dyson, bailed us out.  Again.

I {heart} him.

Next we textured the ceiling and painted the bedroom.  It’s a nice, relaxing shade of blue.

I spray painted some frames, the curtain rod, my jewelry board, the fan, and the lamp so that everything would match.  There wasn’t anything wrong with any of this stuff.  It just didn’t match, and we didn’t want to replace it.  So, we just painted it.

I {heart} spray paint.

P1030770

P1030780

P1030781

Now I’ll take you on the grand tour of our HUGE bedroom!! 

I kid…it isn’t that big.  Just normal sized.

P1030765

I really like the curtain behind the bed.  It adds some color to the room.  It’s just fun.

P1030778

Huh.  Something’s not quite right.

I don’t like that the bed skirt doesn’t reach the floor.

What’s up with that?!

That bugs me.

…nervous twitching…

So, I did what any DIY/fabric snob would do.

I tweaked it to my liking.

P1030795

Ahhhhh….so much better!

And, now I have a place to store my shoes and a place to hide Christmas and birthday presents.  Perfect!

So, now the master bedroom is a place we actually like to hang out.  It’s fun.  We got a flat screen TV and watch movies in our room all the time.  So fun…

…but it is so much easier to fall asleep in a movie when you’re watching it in bed!  :)

signature nat

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a great difference!! I really like the bedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a great transformation. I also have beds here. Want to see these stuff? Just visit here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...