Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let’s Try This Again…

I had a lot of technical difficulties with my post yesterday.  Meh.

I also went to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games (LOVED IT!!) on Thursday night/Friday morning.  I was super tired all day yesterday and didn’t want to deal with computer drama/link party drama.  So, I deleted my post, turned off the computer and went to bed at 9:00 p.m. 

It turns out the Linky Tools hard drive crashed.  That stinks for Brent Riggs.  Poor guy.  So, let’s postpone the party until next week, m’kay?

frame to match teal and white

…52 weeks of shaking up the wardrobe…

The Rules:

  1. Wear a different outfit every Sunday.

  2. Incorporate at least one article of clothing or accessory that was either refashioned, sewn myself, or handmade.

  3. Outfits can be worn more than once; just not the same way.

  4. Think outside the box and be creative!

Here’s what I wore Sunday:

week-9_thumb1

This is my Shabby Apple dress worn with the sweater I refashioned here. I’m wearing it with the rosettes I made from the sweater scraps pinned to the no sew belt I made here. I love this outfit. It is so cute and fun, but super comfy, too.

…and since we have no party or features, I’m going to share with you an email Ash and I got that totally made my day:

Dear Ash and Nat,
I found your tee shirt ringlet scarf on pinterest, and fell in love with it. I love everything about your blog!
Thanks for all of the clothing refashioning ideas! I can't wait to try the no-sew vest, and the ruched sleeve cardigan. :)
I hope you don't mind, I linked to your blog from mine.
http://thisismylife-leslie.blogspot.com/ :)
Here are some pics of my ringlet scarf!
Thanks again!

I hope you don’t mind that I shared your email, Leslie.  Anyway, here is one of the pictures she sent of her ringlet scarf:

IMG_3451

She made it with shirts she bought at a thrift store.  I love the colors.

My original post can be found here.

She also remade my No Sew Vest from a Tee Shirt:

VESTcollage

Be sure to check out her post on that.

Leslie, you’re awesome.  I can’t wait to see your Ruched Sleeve Cardigan!  Keep on crafting!  Oh, and even though we’ve never met, you’re my new best friend!  Woot!

signature-nat_thumb3

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...