Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Week 12

Oh.My.Goodness.

Hubby drug us out of bed this morning at 4:00 a.m. to hit a really big sale at the hardware store. 

…at 4:00 a.m.!!!

Insanity.

At least we got the rest of the supplies we need to remodel the upstairs bathroom, and we only spent $168.00.

…at 4:00 a.m.

Wanna know something really funny?  My brother and his wife (and three very little girls) were all there too!  Maybe insanity is in our blood.  :)

Onto What I Wore Sunday…

frame to match teal and white

I made a skirt for myself for Easter.  Okay, so I really just practiced on some fabric from my stash.  I needed to make this as a bride’s maid skirt for one of my good friends.  I liked the practice skirt so much that I kept it and wore it on Easter Sunday.  Good times.

0315121427

I used this pattern, and made skirt E in the bottom corner.

P1060523

Here I am cutting out the bride’s maid skirt.  See what the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has reduced me to?  I’m wearing my braces and using the electric scissors I inherited from Hubby’s grandma.  What a blessing those old, loud scissors are!

This is how the practice skirt turned out.  Sorry.  It’s a cell phone picture.

0403121649

Just pretend my bedroom is clean, m’kay?!

I love how it turned out, and oh my goodness.  This skirt was so EASY!  It’s a New Look pattern, and the number is E6463, if you want to find that somewhere.  I looked online and didn’t find anything.

P1060572

(Sorry.  The Hubs was at a meeting, so Jingus took this blurry picture.  He’s eleven.)

Nice, Springy, fun and comfy!

*WARNING*

Wrap-around skirts are NOT suggested for mothers of small children.

Sorry for the show, Mike.  *blush*

Moving right along…

The party was fun, right?

My favorite entry was this wonderful Felt Flowers Button Snake from Craft Buds.

DSC_0046

Isn’t that a fun idea?  I think Monkey would love something like this.  So would Firecracker.  This is a perfect quiet activity.

Ash’s favorite entry was these super cute clutches from Damita’s Pretty Wrap.

DSCF1349

Ashlee thinks these cute and fun, and she doesn’t have any of her own.  A girl can’t have too many bags and purses!

The most viewed entry was a tie!

This Wristlet Purse from Sewing for Utange is a lot of fun.  I love the way she used the pockets from jeans.  Clever, and super cute!

IMG_0340

Coleen from Crafty and Cooking Momma refashioned this beach hat to match her Easter outfit.  Fabulous!  I love how it turned out!

IMG_41212

Be sure to link up all of your fun fabulousness in our Fabulous Friday link party!  In this party, anything goes.  See you there!

Have a fandibulous weekend!

signature nat

Pin It!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...