Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Wreath

Hey Friends! Hope you’ll excuse me not doing the fabulous things I’ve seen this week, because if I waited till Monday to post this, well, that’s kind of missing the point, don’t ya think? Anyway, it was one of those days where the kidlets are little monsters, and you can’t stand the thought of unpacking ONE. MORE. BOX. Until you find the Easter decorations box, and decide you might as well have a look. The place isn’t unpacked, no regular decorations are out, still can’t find some necessities, but we are ready for Easter now! I opened the box and found some things I bought on clearance last year and threw in there when I put away the decorations. So here’s what I had:
Easter Wreath (2)
That gray wreath-ish thing? Our fra-gil-e things were packed with these foam rectangles. I thought I’d experiment with cutting a wreath shape out of it, and it worked, so voila! Anyway, I decided I didn’t want the ugly gray showing through, so I first wrapped some floral tape around the entire thing. I had white and green, so I went with white. Then, I started playing with the garland to see what ideas I could come up with.
Easter Wreath (3)
Then, I just started hot gluing my eggs on everywhere. I started with the big ones, then the medium, then finished with the little tree ornaments. I wrapped some more garland on till I liked the look, then I grabbed some tulle and hooked it on with the wire garland. I hung it on the door going to the upstairs of the house that we’re renting the basement of. We don’t use the door, so it seemed great! Plus it’s in our main family area, so yeah for holiday decorations! Best part? It was free. If you don't count the fact that I had bought the decorations last year on clearance. Which I won't, because I forgot about them, and found them, so FREE!
Easter Wreath (1)
A sparkly, glitter-y, whimsical wreath!
Easter Wreath (4)


Easter Wreath (5)
My oldest was so happy to see some Easter things out! She showed my baby as soon as she woke up from her nap.
Easter Wreath (6) copy
Are you all ready for Easter? I had originally thought I’d make a skirt or dress for the girls, but YEAH RIGHT! I’ll be lucky if they have an Easter basket ready on Sunday!
Linking up to:
Skip to My Lou
Tip Junkie
Mommy by day, Crafter by night
Southern Lovely
Tatertots & Jello
I Heart Naptime
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love all of the glittery eggs.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...