Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Sweetest Halloween Candy

Ever.

Of all the Halloween costumes I’ve ever made, this one is my absolute favorite:

P1010152[3]

This was Monkey’s first Halloween.  He was three months old. 

…and just to be silly, I made these tee shirts for the Hubsters and me:

P1010083

Since the Hubsters is such a “Big Hunk,”  I had “Reese’s Pieces” and became “The Milky Way!”  I was nursing…yes, I know, inappropriate, but it was really funny.  Ash’s and my grandma laughed hysterically, so it must be okay!

Anyway, the Reese’s Pieces costume was really easy.  All I did was cut two rectangles out of orange felt.  I cut all the letters and candy out of different colors of felt. 

I used spray adhesive to keep the letters where I wanted them then sewed them into place.  Oh, yeah,  I sewed the letters and candy to one of the rectangles that became the top of the costume.

Next, I placed the top of the costume on the other orange felt rectangle.  I sewed the pieces together, but I left Monkey a neck hole and some arm holes.  The blue lines are where I sewed.

reesespiecessewing

It was a fun, fast, and easy Halloween costume.  For the Hubsters’ shirt and mine, I just used a freezer paper stencil and paint.  Easy peasy.

I know that in my last post, I said I was a Halloween cheapskate, and I am.  But, I got thinking about it, and I have made a bunch of Halloween costumes.

I’ve made a lion, ninja, frogs, and a dinosaur out of a hoodie and sweat pants.  Similar to this:

 

I’ve also made cowboy costumes, pirate costumes, an 80’s punk rocker costume, a pumpkin, Harry Potter, a hippie, Oscar The Grouch, Buzz Lightyear, and much more.  I guess I’m not a complete Halloween cheapskate, I haven’t made a Halloween costume for a while. 

Well, there’s still time this year.  I’ll let you know if any of my kidlets want a homemade costume.

signature nat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...