Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Week 34

frame to match teal and white

…52 weeks of shaking up the wardrobe…

The Rules:

  1. Wear a different outfit every Sunday.

  2. Incorporate at least one article of clothing or accessory that was either refashioned, sewn myself, or handmade.

  3. Outfits can be worn more than once; just not the same way.

  4. Think outside the box and be creative!

This is what I wore Sunday:

week 34

Cute skirt, right?  Wanna see what it looked like before I got to it?

P1070895

Yep.  It was an old lady nightgown I got at the thrift store for $3.00.  It was brand spankin’ new and even had the original price tags on it.  It was originally $5.00 from Woolworth’s--a store that hasn’t been in this area since I moved here 22 years ago.  It was long gone before my family moved here.

Want some close ups of my new skirt?

P1080164 

I kept the original side pocket.  I made a belt out of the sleeves. 

P1080167

I shirred the waistband, and added a flounce on the bottom of the skirt.

P1080171

The verdict?!  I love it!  Not only is it super cute and fun, but it is so so comfortable!  :)

(Well, duh!  It was a nightgown…)

…and I promise; that feature post is coming soon.  Soon.  Very soon.  We’ve just been dealing with a lot of health issues in my family.  No fun.  I’m hoping I’ll have time sometime soon.

Anywho…on to the party!  What did you wear?!

frame to match teal and white

Link up to anything you have refashioned or sewn yourself.  It doesn’t have to be dressy, and it doesn’t have to be worn on a Sunday.  It doesn’t even have to be worn by you.  Show it off!

  • No links to shops or giveaways, please.

  • Link back to Crafty Cousins on your blog too, okay?!

  • Bonus points for following Crafty Cousins or liking us on Facebook!  :)

  • Tell your friends about the What I Wore Sunday Link Party.  What’s a party without lots of partiers?

Can’t wait to see what you’ve got!  :)

signature nat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...