Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Friday, August 10, 2012

FRIDAY!!

We’re getting everything ready to go to Bear Lake this weekend! I’m excited! It used to be a week long event, but with busy schedules and crazy lives, it’s down to one day, but we’re camping to make it a little longer. So, some of my favorite pins this week are ones that I actually did. Go figure, actually doing the stuff I pin?

First off, I made homemade tortillas! I haven’t ever made them before, but we wanted to do breakfast burritos and I didn’t have any on hand, so I made some. I used this recipe at The Urban Spork. I’m not going to show you their pretty tortillas, because they would put mine to shame. But I learned a lot to do better for next time. Here’s mine:

tortillas

The other project I did was I wanted a bookmark that I could use if I actually get around to reading on the beach. So I used stuff I had to make these:

paper clips

The bobby pins, paper clip, and most of the cabochons are from Pick Your Plum, and a few of the cabochons are from Plaid Barn. I’ve seen this before so I don’t have a link to anywhere specific, but I’ve seen it, so I just whipped those up with hot glue.

Onto other pins that I want to do soon:

Be still my heart. Dark chocolate and ice cream? Sign me up! Over at the Faux Martha.

Some of you have kids going back to school soon, and I thought this was a cute way to make some personalized locker accessories. Over at Sassy Style.

This is a cute new take on the t-shirt to skirt idea. Over at Infarrantly Creative.

Have you been making anything you’ve pinned lately? Have a great Friday!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I for one think your tortillas look AWESOME! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...