Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It’s Independence Day

K, so you saw the skirts I made for my girlies here. I found this awesome knit fabric from the stuff I received from my grandma while I was making their skirts, and it just screamed at me to make something. There wasn’t a ton, so I decided to make a tank like this one that I thrifted for a few bucks. Isn’t it fabulous? It’s inside out, so it’s black and white, but I love it. So I just laid it out, stretched out the parts that needed it, and cut out the fabric.
4th Tank (2)
I used navy for the bottom band, and white knit bias tape for the arm holes.
4th Tank (1)
I didn’t do a bunch of pictures, because this is more of a What I Wore for the Fourth, than a tutorial. Anyway, after I sewed on the band at the top (shoulder/neck part) I wasn’t completely in love, so I cut some 2” thick strips and braided them together, then hand-sewed them onto the top.

4th Tank (5)

What do you think?
4th Tank (7)

In the spirit of a true WIW, the top is made, the shorts from Kohl's, the earrings from Target, and the sparkle flip flops from Aeropostale, I think.

4th Tank (9)4th Tank (6)
Aren’t we just a patriotic family?
4th Tank (11)
I also had gotten a bag of hand-me-downs for my girls from a friend, and there was a flag top that was super stained, so I cut out the rhinestones, sewed the bottom part of a pair of jeans I cut off, and made the girls a little purse to hold candy at the parade.

Flag Purse(2)

Flag Purse

Patriotic down to our toes! with flip flop tan lines!

Patriotic Toes

Happy Fourth! Enjoy time with family!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...