Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Fourth!

I know, it’s not for a week (or holy crap, it’s only in a week?!?) depending on your perspective. But I made these yesterday, and I thought they were too cute not to share!
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (10)
K, before I go any farther, you have to not judge the VERY dirty patio. And the bright sun. Because it’s a basement apartment, it’s either full sun, or no sun. So we took pictures first thing this morning=full sun. Plus, the owners are landscaping, so all the rocks and dirt you see will be gone tomorrow! Woohoo! I’ll post a picture of it when it’s done and beautiful!
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (1)
Anyway, I used this tutorial here from Lil Blue Boo and it was so cute and fun! The red striped fabric is an Old Navy shirt I had hanging in my closet that I just wasn’t wearing. So I thought it would be awesome for the 4th!4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (4)
I raided my stash of fabric (seriously, one of these days I’ll show you how bad it is) and I pulled out the turquoise knit shiny fabric and the regular ol’ white knit. The base and waistband of the skirt are a black or dark navy blue and white fabric.
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (3)
Whoa, kind of a scary face from number one, huh? The skirts turned out a bit big. I made #1’s the same size as Lil Blue Boo’s and it was probably about a 5T. I made #2’s smaller, just guesstimating, and it’s probably the right size for #1, so 3-4T. I have them safety pinned on them right now, so these bad boys will fit for a few years, at least!
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (2)
See poor baby eczema on her neck? We finally got into a dermatologist for this week, so hopefully that will start clearing up. She hasn’t been strangled, I promise.
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (5)
They love the twirliness of the skirts (what, it’s a word!?)
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (6)
Oh, dirty chairs.
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (7)
Ring around the rosies
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (8)
I need to get #2 a cuter shirt to go with her skirt before next week.
4th Cascading Ruffle Skirts (9)
But they love them, and I love how fun they turned out!
Linking up to:
Snap! Creativity
Tatertots and Jello
I heart Naptime
Brassy Apple
Today's Creative Blog 
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love the skirts and the adorable bows in your girls hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...