Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nursery Redo: Part 2

Are you ready to see how I turned Firecracker’s twin sized quilt into a queen sized one?  It was really, really easy.

I did this because the twin quilt already matched the nursery décor, and because I am a cheapskate.

This is what Monkey’s “guest bed” looked like before he moved into it.

nursery redo (2)

Lovely, right?!  I am kidding.  Let’s flashback to what Firecracker’s quilt looked like:

P1000070 

See the blue edging on the queen sized quilt?  I cut that off and serged the raw edges.

nursery redo (8)

nursery redo (9)

Then I lined the blue edges up with the twin quilt and pinned them into place.

nursery redo (7)

When everything was pinned, I sewed the ‘new’ edges onto the quilt.

nursery redo (10)

That was it!  Easy Peasy!

nursery redo (24)

You know that old saying, “Use it up, Wear it out.  Make it do, or do without”?  I live by that.  I serged the raw edges of the queen quilt and now it’s in with our camping gear.  Waste not, want not, right?!

Back to Monkey’s new bed…

nursery redo (45)

…ssshhhhh…

…whispering…

He loves it!

Check back on Thursday to see the conclusion of the nursery redo!  I’ll show you how I refashioned Monkey’s curtains!

signature nat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...