Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

These are a few of my favorite things!
Okay, sorry I missed Friday. Well, almost sorry. We were having lots of fun this weekend, family time, so it slipped my mind. But, between feeding the ducks at the park, playing at Arctic Circle, going to the Hogle Zoo, getting our faces painted, and going on a few bike ride with our new (to us) bike trailer, the weekend flew by!
photo
Oh, we also watched this when kids were in bed.

It’s got my boy Sherlock (do you watch that? You totally should. It’s a favorite! If you do watch it, what’s going to happen in Season 3?) and another TV crush, Rumplestiltskin (again, seriously, I love him. I don’t care if he’s the “bad guy.” LOVE IT!) Anyway, good times. It was borderline taking itself too seriously, but still fine times.
So, this is my new favorite thing. I understand if you don’t agree with me. It’s your call. But I heart it. We’ve been using essential oils on and off for a few years now, but it was mostly when I was pregnant/nursing and couldn’t take other things for headaches or nausea or whatever. So, I’ve been introduced to Doterra and I pretty much love it. We ordered the Family Physician Kit

And it’s been great! My daughter gets leg cramps in her thighs that are super painful, and wake her up occasionally at night. I get them too. They suck. Big time. But sometimes it takes an hour or longer to get her back to sleep because of the pain. Well, it happened last night, so I put a few drops of Deep Blue with some lotion and rubbed it on, and she went right back to sleep. YEAH!!!! That’s amazing, right there.

Then, of course I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I rubbed some Lavender on the bottom of my feet (for some reason, that’s where the skin absorbs it quickest, and it works!) and I was able to calm my crazy racing mind and finally fall asleep. Plus, I’ve been feeling a bit congested, borderline sinus infection (I’ve had my fair share so I know what they’re like !) and rubbed some Breathe on my temples and sinuses and feel so much better already!

I use Peppermint oil ALL THE TIME too. It’s awesome. Anyway, I think it’s a great product, and if you’re interested in learning more or hosting a class just leave me a comment, and I’ll hook you up with a consultant. It’s a pretty great product, but I can’t do it justice. You can look at more products Doterra has here. And look at this chart to show how much awesome-ness the oils have! (click on it to make it bigger)


(source)
Okay, so my other favorite thing right now that I just started using this weekend is a calorie counter/fitness app. Regardless of what Natalie says, I’m not super skinny, and it doesn’t just fall off. It’s been even harder since moving back to Utah, for some reason. So I found this free app for my iPhone, and I really like it so far. I think they have a site online where you can do the same thing.

(source)
My Fitness App more info here.
Okay, this is something I used a ton before we moved to Idaho, but haven’t used it again til now.

Have you heard of Swagbucks? Do you use it? It’s fun. Basically, instead of using Google to search for things, just search on Swagbucks instead. You’ll get bucks every so often, and when you get 450, you get to redeem it for a $5 gift card to here.

Pretty much my favorite online store ever. Don’t worry, there’s a ton of other choices, but the thing I love about this is saving my bucks all year long, and then getting Christmas for super cheap/free! Pretty much, you should sign up (just click the picture below on the Sign Up part), install the search thing on your bookmarks, and then just start seeing how many bucks you can collect! They also do codes and scavenger hunts sometimes that you get extra bucks for participating in. So awesome! So, those are my loves right now! What are you crushing on?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...