Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Week 6

frame to match teal and white

But before I get to that; I did something foolish.  Or stupid.  Or both.

Remember how my birthday was last Friday?  Well the Parental Units and the In-Laws gave me money.  I hurried and spent it before I had time to second guess myself.  This is what I bought:

JUPITER-FLUTE-JFL511ESSC-WITH-E-MECH[1]

Yes, I bought a flute.  Crazy, I know. 

I played the flute all throughout middle school, junior high, and high school.  I loved it.  And I was really good at it.

flute_thumb1

Isn’t she lovely?!

I even played it a bit in college and since I got hitched.

The last time I played my flute was at Hubby’s uncle’s funeral.  9 years ago.

Why in the world would I take such a long break from something I love?

Because Hubby dropped my flute in the street when he was loading it into the moving truck.  That was the end of my flute; may she rest in--pieces!  Don’t worry, Love.  You’re still forgiven!  :)

I have really missed it all these years so I decided to buy a new one.

It came on Wednesday, and I was super excited to play it.

Guess what?!  I’m still good!  A tad rusty, but still good.

The first song I played on my new flute was the theme song from Star Wars.

Yes, I am a geek, but my dudes loved it.

It may have been stupid and foolish to buy it, but I’m glad I did.  :)

Anywho, onto What I Wore Sunday

Click the link for the rules and past weeks.

Here’s what I wore Sunday:

P1060053

You guys are so lucky!  You get a real picture of me this time; not a mirror-self-portrait!  Hubby’s calling leaves me flying solo on Sundays, and my kids don’t take very good pictures.  Hence the self-portraits.  But, Hubby was home with a sick baby for the first half of Church last Sunday and was able to snap this picture.  Thanks, Lovey!

I refashioned a tee shirt from the dollar clearance rack into a skirt with a yoga style waistband.  Super comfy.  I featured some of these pics in the maternity jeans tutorial.  The tutorial for the skirt will come later.

I also refashioned the grey tank I’m wearing.  I also bought that off the clearance rack.  Shocker.  It was my size, but it was too baby-dollish.  It fight just right when I was 7 months pregnant and it isn’t even a maternity shirt.  So, since I loved the shirt and hated the way it fit, I took it in.  Much better! 

What did you wear Sunday?

signature nat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...