Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Macaroni and Cheese

Ten years ago, I had an extremely picky two year old.  He really only ate peanut butter sandwiches, string cheese and macaroni and cheese.  I was worried about what he was going to eat for Thanksgiving dinner so I brought homemade macaroni and cheese as a side dish.  It was a huge hit and I’ve been asked to bring it to Thanksgiving dinner every year since.

Macaroni and cheese recipe from the Crafty Cousins

I’d love to give credit for the recipe, but I don’t remember who I got it from.  I got it from a neighbor when The Hubsters and I were poor starving college students, and I can’t remember her name.  Sorry, but if it was you, thank you so much for the recipe.  It’s a Thanksgiving tradition now!

Ingredients
12 ounces dried elbow macaroni (2-2/3 cups)
1-1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
20 rich round crackers, crushed
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large pot cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Return to pot.
2. Add milk, melted butter, pepper, and salt. Stir in cheeses. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Carefully stir mixture. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake 5 minutes more or until crackers are browned and mixture is just heated through (don't overheat or mixture will curdle). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings or 4 main dish servings.

homemade macaroni and cheese recipe

I hope your family loves this as much as mine does!

signature nat

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...