Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Week 17

frame to match teal and white

…52 weeks of shaking up the wardrobe…

The Rules:

  1. Wear a different outfit every Sunday.

  2. Incorporate at least one article of clothing or accessory that was either refashioned, sewn myself, or handmade.

  3. Outfits can be worn more than once; just not the same way.

  4. Think outside the box and be creative

I finally made it back to Church!  Hooray!  This recovery biz-ness is slow going, and I am not a patient person.  I’m not a fan of patience (when it comes to recovery) or physical therapy.  Meh.

Anyway, here’s what I wore (with wrist braces):

week 17

This outfit was 100% made by me…before surgery.  The skirt is made from a sheet set I got for $5.00, and I still have tons of fabric left.  The lace shirt was made from a fabric remnant from the clearance bin, and the light blue shirt underneath was The Hubster’s.  I refashioned it a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away…

…actually, I sewed that cute blue shirt in my basement, so it wasn’t “…far, far, away…”

So, last week’s party was a lot of fun, wasn’t it?  I thought so, too.  You guys are all so super clever!  It was so hard to pick favorites.

But we did.

My favorite was this little number from Doranda at Watch Out For The Woestmans:

IMG_8179_2

She added a few layers to add length to the back of her skirt.  Brilliant!  Doranda thinks that fashion can be modest, too, and every week, she hosts a link party called Watch What I’m Wearing.  It’s a lot of fun.  She’s my new best friend.  :)

Ash’s favorite entry from the party was this sweet dress made by Liz from Howling At The Moon:

blog1

Ashlee loves how vintage and “Audrey Hepburn-like” this dress is.  I agree.  So, so, cute.  She did an awesome job sewing it.  I also love the name of her blog.  I’ve got that old country song in my head.  I don’t even know what it is called.  “…howl at the moon, shoot out the light, it’s a small town, Saturday, night--it’s a small town, Saturday night!”  Oh.  Sorry.  Cute dress, Liz!

The most viewed link (by a long shot) was Prom Dress: Vintage Upcycle from Annanimmity.

IMG_0351

Holy gorgeous, Batman!  Betsy’s daughter, Madeline, took a thrifted, vintage dress from the 1970’s and refashioned it into her prom dress.  AH-mazing!!  I love how this dress turned out!  I love the colors, and I think the way Madeline refashioned it is perfect.  So fun!  You should definitely go check it out. 

So fun.  Thanks, everyone, for linking up!  Don’t forget to grab a button if you were featured, and be sure to enter Ash’s link party

Have a great weekend!  :)signature nat

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feature! My sweet girl graduated from high school this week, too, so this makes it extra special for her! "Holy gorgeous, Batman!" is one of the funniest, best lines ever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it has taken me so long to get here, it has been a crazy week! Thanks for the feature, I am glad you like the outfit. And thanks for the link party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...