Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Minute *EASY* Gift Ideas

When I say easy, I mean, around an hour. Maybe less. Also, using things you may already have around the house. Interested? Okay, here they are.

First, for girls, friends, daughters, etc. I Heart Naptime brings us the Vintage Lace Cuff. Her version:

My (and my Sister-in-law’s) version:

Lace Cuffs (3)

She did hers with 2 contrasting colors for the petals, and had the idea of adding an extra circle in the middle, under the pearl. I did the other 4. I didn’t have tulle at my mom’s so I didn’t put that on, but I will be making another with that. Altogether, we made 5 in about an hour. And the cost was only the stretchy lace, which was on sale at Hobby Lobby, so about $1. Total.

Second, for girls…etc. etc. repeat above. An infinity scarf. Made from a T-shirt. This one comes from Craftaholics Anonymous, via Infarrantly Creative

I got 2-3 scarves per shirt that I did. I don’t have a picture because I already gave them away, and my shirt looked almost exactly like hers, except it was a long-sleeve turtleneck. Also easy!

This one comes from an Etsy shop, perfect for the racers/runners, athletic people in your life. Every race they do, they get a bib, and here’s a way to display those!

I actually did this for my hubby. It will have to wait until we get re-settled in a place to be used, but he has tons of these bibs, in all different places. Hopefully this will be something cool he can enjoy and use. I did his out of some reclaimed fence wood, because he really likes rustic, natural look, and I had it around. I cut it to size, and then hot glued the pieces together (I’m not patient enough to wood glue this!). Then, I stenciled RACE at the top (with something I printed off, since I’m not cool enough to have a cutting machine Smile) Since all of his bibs are currently packed, I just taped the little hooks to the wood, to screw them in when I have them to measure with. I actually cut a piece of paper to the size a friend told me the bibs were to make sure I liked the look of it. And since my hubby is #1, well…

photo

photo1

I know the letters aren’t perfect, but I intend on sanding them to distress them, so it won’t even matter. I actually had painted them with watered down paint to get the look I wanted too.

For the techies in your life:

Ashley from Make it, love it got tired of tripping over phone cords charging, and who doesn’t!? Here’s her brilliant, and free, solution! I made this for my hubby, but I didn’t put fabric or any decoration on it, so he can tell me what he wants after Christmas!

Okay, that’s all I have time for right now, but I’ll be back tomorrow with my final gift project! Yeah!! I’m done!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...